Monday, November 09, 2009

Life is moving oh so fast, I think we should take it slow

Life is moving oh so fast,
I think we should take it slow.
Rest our heads upon the grass
and listen to it grow.
From the song Splendour in the Grass, the latest album of the same name by Pink Martini. It's especially apt in crazy today's world where we are all working fast and hard, with hardly enough time for ourselves. Pianist Thomas Lauderdale has also ingeniously woven in Tchaikovsky's Piano Concerto No. 1 into the song. He has done other similar classical cameos in previous albums as well.

The other meaningful verse is:-
Back when i was starting out,
I always wanted more.
But every time I got it,
I still felt just like before
Time to take a break, slow things down, and relax a little.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home