Tuesday, December 13, 2005

Am I hearing things? Can this be?

I had my bare DIY AMP3 digital amp kit running in my hifi for some time now, but decided to switch back to my old Musical Fidelity A220 amplifier to hear how it sounds in comparison. Hmm, don't remember it had that much 'glare' in it. Doesn't sound quite like the way I remember it.

Decided to hook up the AMP3 again. Despite being a much lower powered amp (~8W vs 50W for the Musical Fidelity), it sounds more detailed and with much less 'glare'. It also sounds a lot more musical. Much less fatiguing to listen to. Of course it can't play orchestral climaxes really loud, but it's more than enough for a small room like mine.

Am I hearing things? Is the AMP3 really better than the Musical Fidelity? Hmm... no wonder everyone is raving about digital amplification!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home